591 Bluewater Rd, Aynor, SC 29511, United States

Phone (843) 358-6877

April 2010 Open Meeting Summary 04022010

June 4, 2016

 

Tribal Open Meeting Summary 4/2/2010 held at the Tribal Office in Aynor

 

 

  1. Opened at 6:32 with CoC Scott, and CM’s Neal, Dalton, Richia, and 2nd Chief Susan (Homer) present

  2. Read March minutes

    1. 5b(ii)- hot water heater not taken to dump yet; please donate

    2. 8a(i(1))- correct; soft expenses not covered

    3. Dalton motioned to accept the minutes; Neal seconded

    4. Dalton-yes, Neal-yes, Richia-yes, Susan (Homer)- Abstain, Scott-yes (passed by quorum, 4yes: 0no: 2 absent: 1abstain)

  3. Financial Report: CoC Scott

    1. $8,647.29 in bank (doesn’t include printer repair bill- $200)

  4. Resolution RP-03-03-2010-001: Amendment to Change Article IV Paragraph 2 Subparagraph 2 of the Waccamaw Constitution as Ratified in October 2008 received its 2nd reading

    1. 2nd Chief Susan- why separate them (members) if the criteria is the same?

      1. Chief Hatcher- certain privileges that Indians get than non-Indians do not get

    2. 2nd Chief Susan- says based “on merit”

      1. Chief Hatcher- used to be “contribution,” which can be construed as money

  5. Dalton- would like a referendum to make abstention or absent vote a “no” vote in all cases

  6. Committee Reports

    1. Building & Grounds: Neal

      1. Brian and Neal pulled tipi poles up

      2. Got a trailer for the lawn mower

      3. Building & Grounds Committee Voting Membership appointed: Neal, Brian, Donnie

        1. Dalton motioned; Richia seconded

        2. Dalton-yes, Neal-yes, Richia-yes, Susan (Homer)-yes, Scott-yes (passed by majority- 5yes: 0no: 2absent: 0abstain)

      4. Gas: Chief Hatcher said tell them he will go in after meetings and pay the bill in full

      5. Landscaping after roadwork is complete

      6. Next month, people could donate trees in honor of people’s memory with small plaques

      7. Would like plum trees, an orchard

    2. PW Committee: Michelle

      1. List of current membership given to CoC

      2. Guidelines- give back to committee for another month

      3. Neal and Brian: Linda sends word that she would like to have a meeting in a couple of weeks

    3. Arts & Crafts: Brian

      1. Admin manual still needs Council approval

        1. Brian needs to print it out

      2. Application

        1. Susan thinks application needs to stay as is because if the committee revokes someone’s certification, that person can go to Council. If Council revokes the certification, the person has no other avenue.

        2. Brian: we have guidelines; guidelines to revoke; done as a team

          1. Richia: done as a majority?

            1. Susan: yes

        3. Dalton: “pending Council approval”?

        4. Susan: “approve/ revoke my certification”?

        5. 2nd Chief Susan called for a revote to leave as is

          1. Discussion continued

        6. Dalton: thinks the second sentence is redundant and to remove “further” from the third sentence

          1. Richia: need to leave it in for a warning

          2. Dalton motion: strike the second sentence and word “further” from the third sentence; Neal seconded

            1. Dalton-yes, Neal-yes, Richia-yes, Susan(Homer)-yes, Scott-yes (passed by majority- 5yes: 0no: 2absent: 0abstain)

            2. Susan to email new application for approval

      3. Criteria manual is ready to be voted on

      4. Ops manual is not ready

      5. Guidelines for misrepresentations

      6. Classes

        1. Chief Hatcher- If you disapprove someone, just tell them that, let them research the guidelines

      7. Next meeting April 16 or 17

      8. Application will be on tribal site as soon as things are approved

      9. Trying to get in touch with older approved artists

    4. Grants: Michelle

      1. Grants Committee Voting Membership Appointed: Michelle, Buster, Richia

        1. Dalton motioned; Neal seconded

        2. Dalton-yes, Neal-yes, Susan(Homer)-yes, Scott-yes (passed by quorum- 4yes: 0no: 2absent: 1abstain)

  7. Online Votes Reaffirmed

    1. Arts & Crafts Committee Voting Membership Appointed

      1. Dalton-yes, Neal-yes, Scott-yes, Susan(Homer)- yes (passed by quorum)

        1. Secretary’s note: voting members are: Brian, Neal, Mary Ellen, Iris, Deborah, Carol Ann, Becky

    2. ID printer repair $200

      1. Dalton-yes, Neal-yes, Richia-yes, Scott-yes (passed by quorum)

    3. Trailer $200

      1. Dalton-yes, Neal-yes, Richia-yes, Susan (Homer)-yes, Scott-yes (passed by majority)

  8. Membership Files

    1. Ashley Sports (c)

      1. Dalton-yes, Neal-yes, Susan(Homer)-yes, Richia-yes, Scott-yes (passed by majority- 5yes: 0no: 2absent: 0abstain)

      2. Joshua Weeks (approval pending census report)

      3. Peyton All (approval pending census report)

      4. Justin Groves (approval pending census report)

      5. Shelby Groves (approval pending census report)

      6. Eunice Faltersack (approval pending census report)

      7. Trevor Groves (approval pending census report)

      8. Bobby Turner (approval pending census report)

      9. Karen Moody (approval pending census report)

  9. Tribal Roll Book: 2nd Chief Susan

    1. Please sign it if you need to

  10. Upcoming Events

    1. PW in Bennettsville next weekend

    2. 16th and 30th: Chief Norris’ grounds: Kids’ Days

  11.  2nd Chief Susan

    1. Horry County Planning Documenting- trying to recognize graveyard as historic landmark

  12. Chief Hatcher

    1. Thanks to Council for donations for trip; soft costs are not covered

    2. Congressmen wanted other SC Congressmen to sign off on bill; then take it to the floor, refer to BIA

    3. Probably lock tribal rolls- no further membership

    4. Read Bill

    5. Letter to court administrator

    6. Waccamaw.org- now a tribal bill- $9/ month

    7. Lake Waccamaw- Brian went- issues there (?)

    8. Alabama- Craig went; the people there didn’t want him to put his tipi up but Mary Ellen put it up anyway

      1. From Mary Ellen

        1. Two Natives did not want the tipi put up. The organizer of the event stated he did not care if it was put up or not.

      2. Suks and longhouses are traditional, but tipis were here too

    9. Graveyard- Latter-Day Saints and Planning Office trying to get it recognized as landmark

    10. TV Show- Council to appoint committee

      1. Video Ethnography Committee Voting Membership appointed: Donnie, Linda, Neal, Buster, Elwood

        1. Dalton motioned; Richia seconded

        2. Dalton-yes, Neal-yes, Richia-yes, Susan (Homer)-yes, Scott-yes (passed by majority- 5yes: 0no: 2absent: 0abstain)

        3. Need to set up a meeting

    11. Horry County Museum: Aynor Project: Aynor and Waccamaw

    12. Solstice Ceremonies- no email notification

      1. Need to get back to basics

    13. Keep Chief Norris and family in thoughts; son was in a car wreck

    14. Pee Dee PW 4/10-11

    15. New baby: Malia Courtney-Ann Atkinson

    16. Council, hang in there

 

Susan(Homer) motioned for the meeting to end; Neal seconded.

 

Meeting adjourned 8:41 pm.

 

Respectfully submitted by Michelle Hatcher on 4/8/10 at 3:34pm.

 

 

Please reload

Recent Posts

Please reload

Archive

Please reload

Tags

Please reload