591 Bluewater Rd, Aynor, SC 29511, United States

Phone (843) 358-6877

July 2015 Open Meeting Summary 07102015

August 1, 2016

Tribal Open Meeting Summary 7/10/2015 held at the Tribal Office in Aynor, SC

 

  1. CM’s John, Rick, Dalton, and CoC Scott present.

  2. June minutes read.

    1. John: 5(a)(iii)(3):didn’t overspend on budget, went over on cash allocation & budget was reassessed

      1. Dalton motioned to accept with change; John seconded

      2. John-yes, Rick-yes, Dalton-yes, Scott-yes

  3. Financial Report: Chief Hatcher

    1. Council received via email before meeting

    2. Building Fund: $5393.92

    3. General Fund: $7659.92

  4. Online Votes

    1. Opportunity to support golf tournament: $100 sponsorship

      1. John-yes, Rick-yes, Dalton-yes, Scott-yes

      2. Rick to cover cost; John & Rick to volunteer

      3. Good for tribal recognition

  5. Old Business

    1. Resolution JR-HH-06-01-2015-001: Awarding of Tribal Membership: 2nd Reading

  6. New Business

    1. Committee Reports

      1. Arts & Crafts

        1. Nothing new

      2. Grants: Michelle

        1. SCAC declined grant

      3. Buildings & Grounds: John

        1. RV project complete, meter in, final walkthrough to do

        2. Cemetery cut on 6/20 by Jernigan’s

        3. Cemetery Fund: $400.12

        4. Fundraiser idea: Turkey shoot Oct-Dec 2015

        5. Mark A: Beaver dam explosives: 20 for $99

          1. Scott motioned to authorize $99 + S&H; John seconded

            1. John-yes, Rick-yes, Dalton-yes, Scott-yes

      4. Pauwau: Michelle

        1. Fundraiser with Hog Heaven: $835

        2. Working on Policy Book & selling ads

        3. Mark A: will donate pest control for pauwau

          1. Rick will check on cost of material to do grounds

      5. Sewer Pump Project: Mark

        1. Still need funding

        2. Mark: engineer said do it as residential

          1. Chief Hatcher: will do pump next month if Council approves $4000; Dalton seconded

            1. Rick-yes, John-yes, Dalton-yes, Scott-yes

        3. Pricing of RV sites brought up: suggested $25-50/ night

        4. A suggestion of a full-time caretaker for the pump & RV project was made & offering them free camping, water, & electricity

      6. Drum: Rick

        1. Nothing new

        2. Chief Hatcher: Donnie wanted to know if it was okay for him to drum

          1. Rick: okay with me

      7. Constitution: Dalton

        1. Meeting: next month day before the open meeting

        2. Presented Article 10 changes ballot to Council for approval

          1. Cast vote, fold, mail back

        3. Shows strikethroughs and changes so people will know what the constitution said & will be changed to if agreed to

        4. Needs 40% of vote for referendum to pass (not necessarily agree)

        5. Need approximately $305 for stamps, envelopes

          1. John motioned to authorize up to $350; Dalton seconded

          2. Chief Hatcher: change Chief to Elders

          3. Rick: why can’t it be done electronically?

            1. Dalton: no verification

            2. Rick: can’t tell I did it in the mail either

            3. Dalton: They won’t have your signature

          4. Rick-yes, John-yes, Dalton-yes, Scott-yes

    2. Fuel Receipts

      1. John motioned; Rick seconded

      2. Rick-yes, John-yes, Dalton-yes, Scott-yes, Dalton-yes

      3. $99.03 Check 634

    3. Honorary Membership Applications

      1. Wendy Trott

        1. Rick-yes, John-yes, Dalton-yes, Scott-yes

      2. Jerry Brown (pending picture)

        1. Rick-yes, John-yes, Dalton-yes, Scott-yes

      3. Galen Brown (pending picture)

        1. Rick-yes, John-yes, Dalton-yes, Scott-yes

    4. Event

      1. Aynor Hoe Down: $60: application due 8/31

        1. Dalton will put volunteer request on Facebook page; John will email

        2. John: if we have 4 people, he votes yes

    5. Chief Hatcher

      1. Bingo: we need a promoter

        1. Promoter buys their bonding and pays the related fees

          1. Susan said she would do it

        2. Dalton: does she have to be there every night?

          1. Chief Hatcher: 5-6 nights/ week

        3. Dalton: can you have more than 1?

          1. Chief Hatcher: yes, but each have to have their own license & bond

        4. Mark A: what does she get in return?

          1. Chief Hatcher: she gets paid

            1. Mark A: who sets the salary?

              1. Chief Hatcher: Council does

                1. John: would we be the promoter’s boss?

                  1. Chief Hatcher: yes

          2. Mark A: I don’t think she’s a good choice; she’s not a people person

            1. She runs over people when she disagrees with them

        5. Mark A: what would the profits be used for?

          1. Chief Hatcher: whatever Council decides to use it for

        6. John: does the promoter also advertise the Bingo?

          1. Chief Hatcher: yes

        7. John: can we also put it out to anyone who is interested before next month?

          1. Chief Hatcher: yes, but best to stick within the tribe

        8. Rick: what hours are needed to work?

          1. Chief Hatcher: 8 hours/day, 6 days/ week, up to Council

        9. John: what if I wanted to add myself as a promoter in January?

          1. Chief Hatcher: you can, but I think it would be a waste of money

        10. Rick: what are the qualifications we should be looking for in a promoter: degree, management, or bingo experience?

          1. Dalton: prefer bingo experience

          2. Chief Hatcher: there are a lot of standards of procedures

        11. John: Anyone interested should be interviewed by Council

        12. Chief Hatcher: Need to discuss how to spend money at a later date

      2. Sound equipment if back from loan

      3. Angie Altman Robins: Horry County Clerk of Court is working to log our tribal court cases

      4. Federal Recognition: Rep Rice, Sens Graham & Scott to meet with BIA

      5. Dr Trott & Chief Hatcher interviewed Mr. Mr. Hucks, a magistrate

      6. John A: prisoners at Edgefield wanted to buy buffalo jerky; prison will purchase for them

      7. Tribal Roll Book: each person in the book: we have to know address & phone number for

        1. Dalton: need to set a deadline for signing the TRB

          1. After the deadline: no signature, removal

          2. Chief Hatcher: it will be a list that goes to the BIA

            1. BIA sends a letter to people & they must receive it back

          3. Scott to contact Linda to help make sure all files are complete

      8. Rick: what is the policy on renting the office to tribal members?

        1. Michelle: per policy letter, $25 rental fee

          1. Michelle to make copies before next meeting for Council

        2. Chief Hatcher: let CoC make judgement call on fee; Rick seconded

          1. Dalton changed the motion to CoC or  aCoC

          2. Rick-yes, John-yes, Dalton-yes, Scott-yes

 

John motioned to close the meeting; Rick seconded.

Meeting adjourned 9:00 pm.

Respectfully submitted by Michelle Hatcher on 8/1/15 at 9:32 am.

 

Please reload

Recent Posts

Please reload

Archive

Please reload

Tags

Please reload