Recent Posts



February 2015 Open Meeting Summary 02062015

Tribal Open Meeting Summary 2/6/2015 held at the Tribal Office in Aynor, SC

  1. CM’s Dalton, Susan, Homer, Robert, John, and Rick present. Dalton chaired the meeting for CoC Scott.

  2. CoC requested a 3 month leave of absence while he moved to NC and that Dalton be acting CoC

  3. Vote on leave of absence

  4. Homer-yes, John, yes, Rick-yes, Robert-yes, Dalton-yes

  5. Vote for making Dalton Acting CoC

  6. Homer-yes, John-yes, Rick-yes, Robert-yes, Dalton-yes

  7. Susan was sworn in for new term of Council & Dalton was sworn in for a reinstatement to Council.

  8. January minutes read

  9. Rick motioned to accept; Homer seconded

  10. Homer-yes, John-yes, Rick-yes, Robert-abstain, Susan-abstain, Dalton-yes

  11. Financial Report (via Lori’s email)

  12. Building Fund

  13. $9.95 debit for website now going through general fund

  14. Balance: $1892.65

  15. General Fund

  16. Balance: $8354.74

  17. Old Business

  18. Trademark of Tribal Logo: Susan

  19. Price grew as you expand search criteria

  20. Jeania: you can go directly through federal trademark office

  21. Poor man’s copyright can still be bought from under you; they could have established logo before you

  22. Resolutions

  23. Res DH-12-06-2014-002: Volunteer and Donor Rewards: 3rd Reading

  24. Susan: $20 can be in-kind- is it implied or should it say that?

  25. Dalton: implied, but we can add it

  26. Rick motioned to accept; Robert seconded

  27. Homer-yes, John-yes, Susan-yes, Rick-yes, Robert-yes, Dalton-yes

  28. Res DH-01-09-2015-001: Waccamaw Buck Elimination: 2nd Reading

  29. Dalton: okay to change date to “on or before Aug 1?”

  30. Council: yes

  31. John: why does it stay a living document?

  32. Dalton: we may decide to make changes up to March

  33. New Business

  34. Committee Reports

  35. Arts & Crafts: Susan

  36. Meeting was 1/18

  37. 1 approved application; confirmed by ACoC

  38. Currently have 4 voting members; need 3 more certified artists

  39. Would like to keep trailer for classes

  40. Chief Hatcher: decide on trailer- fix it or do away with it

  41. Susan motioned to drop time period to 60 days; else give it to John’s friend for scrap; John seconded

  42. Homer-yes, John-yes, Susan-yes, Rick-yes, Robert-yes, Dalton-yes

  43. Robert: use storage building for classes

  44. Susan: want locking door knobs on front/ back

  45. Needs electricity, lights, steps

  46. John: Having a B&G meeting 2/21 if you want to come out

  47. Starting a budget; probably around $300-400

  48. Grants: Michelle

  49. SCAC due 3/15

  50. Lowe’s for material: Becky

  51. Buildings & Grounds: John

  52. Thanked friend in CA and others for B&G donations

  53. Next meeting 2/21- to do walkthrough of RV sites

  54. Voting members: Wayne T resigned

  55. RV proposals from last month: approx. $3395

  56. Cemetery Fund: $370.07; read let