March 2015 Open Meeting Summary 03062015
Tribal Open Meeting Summary 3/6/2015 held at the Tribal Office in Aynor, SC
CM’s Susan, Homer, Robert, John, Rick, and aCoC Dalton present.
February minutes read.
Homer motioned to accept; Rick seconded
Homer-yes, John-yes, Susan-yes, Robert-yes, Rick-yes, Dalton-yes
Financial Report: Lori
Building Fund: $5662.65
Susan: return check: money was there, but bank had changed names; money is coming back
General Fund: $7895.17
Trademark of Tribal Logo: Susan
Chief Hatcher: do poor man’s copyright in meantime
2nd Chief Phil: mail it to yourself too
b. John Turner: brought to my attention that deceased voted in the last election and those votes were discarded. Why wasn’t it brought it to Council?
1. Chief Hatcher: any specifics?
a. John: no
1. Chief Hatcher: they need to come forward
a. Rick: in his defense, I heard it as well
b. John: are there people that were there that heard it?
1. Steve O: we went by policy and notarized it
c. Chief Hatcher: anyone can make an insufficient charge; we have the right to confront to our accusers
2. John: so I can’t bring it up?
a. 2nd Chief Phil: you can’t bring up just the accusation; you have to bring the evidence. It’s already in the rules to make a complaint
3. Susan: if this person was there and saw it, and these guys (Elders & Steve) say it didn’t happen, I have to believe these guys
c. Membership Application: Chris Hatcher
1. Dalton/ Chief Hatcher: open the tribal roll book for this file only
a. John motioned; Homer seconded
1. Homer-yes, John-yes, Susan-yes, Robert-yes, Rick-yes, Dalton-yes
2. John: Chris helps us out on a lot of projects
3. Dalton has a picture of Chris on his phone and will email it to Jeania
4. Vote on file: Homer-yes, John-yes, Susan-yes, Robert-yes, Rick-yes, Dalton-yes
d. Resolution DH-01-09-2015-001: Waccamaw Bucks Elimination: 3rd Reading
1. Robert motioned; Rick seconded
2. Homer-yes, John-yes, Susan-yes, Robert-yes, Rick-yes, Dalton-yes
5. New Business
a. Committee Reports
1. Arts & Crafts: 2nd Chief Phil
a. Brittany Taylor at Lancaster Museum- looks like 800ft display
b. Need more artisans
c. Made bone needles
d. Any decision on buildings?
1. Jeania: Todd looked at the mobile home: to repair it- $226
2. John: concern: not sure Todd went up on roof, but gaps on roof
3. Rick: fear is that $200 project turns into $2000 project fast
e Rick: can get a 40x60 building for $6000
1. Susan: as long as we don’t get rid of this office
f. Rick: can we agree to a cap?
1. Rick motioned to put a cap of $500 from the general fund on this project; Susan seconded
a. Homer-yes, John-yes, Susan-yes, Robert-yes, Rick-yes, Dalton-yes
b. Homer: what are you going to do about the heat and air?
d. Jeania: 14x60 kits for $355
2. Susan motio